Friday 15 February 2013

Elizabeth I - Quotes

The Virgin Queen left her mark and personality for us to see through the quotes that survived her


"A clear and innocent conscience fears nothing"

"I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman but I have the heart and stomach of a King, and a King of England too."

"Though the sex which I belong to is considered weak you will nevertheless find me a rock that bends to no wind" 

"God forgive you - I never can"

"I would rather be a beggar and single than a Queen and married"

"God has given such brave soldiers to this Crown that, if they do not frighten our neighbours, at least they are prevented from being frightened by them."

"I have the heart of a man, not a woman, and I am not afraid of anything"

"I pray to God that I should not live one hour after have thought of using deception"

"Those who appear the most sanctified are the worst"

"A strength to harm is perilous in the hands of an ambitious head"

 "All my possessions for a moment of time"

"The past cannot be cured"

"He who placed me in this seat will keep me here"

"Must! Is "must" a word to be addressed to princes? Little man, little man! Thy father, if he had been alive, durst not have used that word" 

"To be a King and wear the Crown is a thing more glorious to those that sees it than it is pleasant to them that bears it"

No comments:

Post a Comment